Sunday, November 23, 2008

And so it begins, or at least continues

Since my old blog used to be only about cycling and now it's becoming more about everything else in my life and since I like the name of my old blog so well, I've decided to create a new blog for just my cycling reports, training, musings, etc.

This is it.

I'm looking forward to riding this winter. I know, that's bizarre. It's freaking cold in Minnesota in the winter. Upper 20's sounds like a heat wave by the time you get to January. But there's something about riding in sub 30 degree weather than I like. That I've always liked since I started doing it. The sun so far south in the sky that you really can't tell what direction you're riding based on its location. Noon looks like 6:00 at night during the summer, only west and south have switched places.

Still, there's something about it. And braving it makes you strong. Or makes you broken on the black top with your bike corroding out from under you, but you do the best you can.

And yes, I'm riding unattached in 2009. My missed races, bailing, inconsistent schedule, failed commitments are all mine now. Somehow I think I'll make less of them and it will all turn out better. The proof is in the pudding, I guess, but I'm still declaring now: Durand 2009. Here I come!

3 comments:

RiderEleven said...

Only 180 training hours til Durand!

Michael said...

But who's counting....

RiderEleven said...

I'm counting! I need all the time I can get and it'll still never be enough. You can ride 2 hours a week for the next four months and you'll still drop me on that nasty little sprinters hill at Durand.